We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Order of activities in Southern region

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Order of activities in Southern region

Hello - Just was hoping for some input on how best to plan activities while we are in the Southern region.

We will be driving from Reykjavik on June 9 heading to Kirkjubæjarklaustur, where we will be staying for 2 nights before driving to the Snaefellsnes peninsula on the 11th.

My idea is that we could stop in Vik on the way from Reykjavik, then do some hiking nearby Klauster when we arrive on the 9th. On the 10th we can head out and do Jokulsarlon, hiking in Skaftafell, and/or possibly a glacier walk on Vatnajokull. I would leave the morning of the 11th open to whatever we have time for or could stop and do as we head to Snaefellsnes.

I would love to make it to Landmannlauger, but it seems as though it may not be accessible at this time and even if it is, might be hard to fit in.

I appreciate any feedback on the above plans.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
9,062 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Order of activities in Southern region

It sounds fine to me, Rachel. Enjoy! :)

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Order of activities in Southern region

Thanks Diane!

3. Re: Order of activities in Southern region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16