We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus service in Winter time.

yll
TW
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Bus service in Winter time.

Hi friends,

Will the bus companies stop their service during the Winter time?

I mean the Flybus and the routes under www.bus.is.

I found that the schedule is only for Summer/Autumn time (until October)

Many thanks again.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus service in Winter time.

Hi yll,

The buses run all year round. The flybus is there to meet every flight and the Reykjavík city buses (www.bus.is) change their schedule quite frequently...but mostly small changes here and there, nothing for you to worry about.

yll
TW
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus service in Winter time.

I see, many thanks.

As I know the buses mentioned in bus.is just running for the capital area. How about other cities? e.g Western area, Norther area, etc?

I also checked with the relevant website, found that the schedule only for summer time. Is that means there are no buses service outside the capital? ?_?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
600 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus service in Winter time.

Hey again yll,

This is the website you want for bus schedules outside of Reykjavík. Main bus station in Reykjavík: http://www.bsi.is/index_english.html

4. Re: Bus service in Winter time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 12:19