We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Mar

New Mills, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Mar

I am looking for a break for 10 days in early January. Idealy i would like somewhere quietish but with some atmosphere and where you can walk out to restaurants and bars. Please can anyone advise on the Palm Mar area.

Many thanks

10 replies to this topic
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Mar

Not really a tourist resort ,more a residential area .quite large but not many bars or restaurants to service the area .even less now that Cluseaus has closed ..and due to lack of buses you would definately need the use of a car The beach is rocks rather than sand .It will be quiet though!

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Mar

Helllo, as we are now retired we are looking to spend jan, feb, march in or around las americas, tererife. does anyone know of any cheap accommodation?any help would be gratefully received

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Mar

I agree with Onleg. Palm Mar is very quiet and mostly residential. We're here at the moment and have done Jan till end of March here for past 4 years and have found it quieter every year.

Next year we're going for a change to the San Juan area .

The beach there is great and there are lots of bars and restaurants.

Do bear in mind that in Palm Mar a car is in my opinion essential as there are only 3 busses a day and one leaves at 8 am !!

It has become quite difficult to find accommodation for 3 months since the reinforcement of residential lets very few people wil committ even for a three month let,

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,772 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Mar

Nice idea L ...Playa de San Juan ... and a good bus service from there either to PDLA or the other way to Los Gigantes area and then on to other places with just a change of bus in Puerto Santiago ! Plus some nice bars /restaurants there and in the next village Alcala ..

Sylla

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Mar

Just realised the date on that original post was 2011 ! Don't know where that was dug up from lol!

Anyhow reply still stands and yes Sylla we love that area ,beach there has everything ,toilets .bar service and lovely comfortable sunbeds at only 7.50 euros for 2 beds and a parasol as opposed to las Americas at 15 !

Loved Playa de Arena too. Thought there were some nice restaurants there too.

Another plus for that area is it definitely gets more sun. We have found that in the winter the cloud tends to stick around the mountain in Palm Mar and we have gone to San Juan beach ,spent all day in the sun and Palm mar has been in cloud all day.

Rutland UK
Destination Expert
for Tenerife
Level Contributor
11,772 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Mar

Yes L , I know the area well as we used to go there a lot Playa La Arena ..until Puerto de la Cruz took over ...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187479-…

Sylla

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Mar

Clues in post 2 LA, MaryB has tagged on looking for Accommodation but for PDLA or area around it......

So hows the situation with the TV ?

I hope these storms arent causing to much disruption to your holiday .....

@Mary B ,i would post this under a totally separate question of your own .This will give you a larger amount of readers that know nothing of Palm Mar so wont read these posts ,but may well know of somewhere in PDLA. Hope this helps

Edited: 05 March 2013, 05:23
Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Mar

Dear Onelegnofeet, thankyou for your help. I will post separately as you suggested

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Mar

Hi Onlg, yes TV was fine but now it's off since the storm and I've missed all my programmes ,not a happy bunny!!

Storm was horrific! We were to go to Puerto for an overnight for husbands birthday and couldn't get out of apartment never mind to the car .So we ended up with a spaghetti Bol I had frozen and an ancient Catherine Cookson DVD.

Weather has picked up again .Home in 10 days.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Mar

Well all i can say is you have not missed much on TV well apart from football ,football,football and yes ...football !!! YAWN ....

Hope this weather soon clears for you ( and others) and the sun shines none stop for the rest of your stay .

Reply to: Palm Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palm-Mar
More Palm-Mar Topics