We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Husafell hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

are there any restaurants to eat dinner ?

6 replies to this topic
Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

Now this is a strange question. Now let me think, we usually go out and catch a polar bear to eat, but yes, there are lots of restaurants all over he country.

B-)

Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

polar bear aside .....can you recommend any :-))

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

Where ?, in Reykjavik, or in Iceland in general ? Please be more specific

B-)

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=223&geo=189952&q=recommend+restaurants&sub-search.x=14&sub-search.y=12&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

It is a different country and really doesn't have an abundance of restaurants. I drove the ring road and found that each town would have the one place to eat. Which would be good with good choices. I stayed at the Foss hotels and would make a sandwich from the breakfast selection so I'd be good for A picnic lunch.

There are plenty of places in the capital including a fine vegetarian restaurant. Husavik in the north had more restaurants than most towns. You do need to find where to eat in advance and get there before they close. I'm not kidding it's not like Europe or the US with so much choice, although theyndon't have whale, puffin or polar bear.

Have a great time it is an amazing country full of jaw-dropping beauty.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
14 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

I know this an old thread, but there is at least one restaurant I could recommend for lunch. I tried posting this as a restaurant review, but for some reason one of the quirks of Trip Advisor is that they didn't like the vague address. I would encourage one of their staff to go to the wilds of Husafell and see if they can find anything more specific ;-)

Anyway, here it is:

Restaurant Husafell

Went here for lunch as part of a long meandering drive through the area. The dining area is a nice, bright space and the service was both prompt and friendly. The menu is comprised of a nice selection of soups, sandwiches, pizza and salads. The standout dish for us was the home made Icelandic meat soup - very flavourful and served with tasty bread.

The restaurant can be a little tricky to find if you are not watching for the signs, but the friendly townspeople can direct you if needed. A true small town lunch experience in a very pretty part of Iceland.

Reply to: restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Husafell