We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland Express

exeter
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iceland Express

We are hoping to fly from the UK to Iceland at the end of the month, I have found out that we can take 20kgs luggage in the hold but I can not find out the hand baggage allowance, can anyone help me? Does anyone know a phone number that I can contact them on? Thanks in anticipation for any answers. Eileen

East Anglia
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland Express

Hi, I have looked at their website and it says:

Hand Baggage: You may take one piece of hand baggage with you on board, no larger than 55x35x25cm (21x14x10 inches). In addition to this, you can bring on board a handbag, a coat, a laptop computer, a camera and a shopping bag with tax-free items. The total weight of your hand baggage, including these items, must not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs). If this allowance is exceeded, passenger will be charged as if travelling with extra baggage.

Please pay special attention to rules on liquids in hand baggage.

Hope this helps.

exeter
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland Express

Thank you very much Snowproblem

Copenhagen
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland Express

Be very careful with Iceland Express, they will sell you a direct flight and then change it to a stop-over flight as if noting is more normal. Have just had my "direct" Copenhagen-Iceland flight changed to via Cologne in Germany.

Slovakia
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland Express

We have a September flight booked with them, will report back.

One important change that happened just recently is that they cancelled all flights to Krakow last weekend. I was trying to book an August flight, while their schedule, flight map, as well as Krakow Airport information listed them, but it was impossible to book. Only when I called did I learn that they no longer fly to Krakow. There was no official news before and it took them a few days to update their website.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland Express

Iceland Express have really been doing better on many things, including the time.

Copenhagen
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iceland Express

After quite a bit of insisting, I managed to get my Copenhagen-Iceland - stop-over in Cologne - changed to a direct flight by travelling one day earlier. It didn't happen without a fight though. They have a lot to learn in the customer service area.

exeter
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iceland Express

Just a quick update following my previous enquiry. We had a lovely holiday in Iceland in March and had absolutely no complaints with Iceland Express. No problems and both outward & return flights on time. So hopefully eveeyone will have the good luck we had when travelling with Iceland Express. Regards Eileen

8. Re: Iceland Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 10:37