We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shoes question

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
shoes question

I'm bringing my Merrel waterproof hiking boots. I'm debating on whether to bring my Ugg boots to walk around Reykjavik on the first and last day of my 6-day trip. Or should I bring snow boots or tall lined boots instead of the Uggs

8 replies to this topic
Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
10,619 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shoes question

Any city type shoe is sufficient in downtown Reykjavík 97% of the time. Maybe 3% chances if bad enough weather for regular shoes to be awful.

Just don't bring any white shoes or shoes precious to you. Road salt does awful things to peoples' shoes.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
13,127 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shoes question

Don't bring the Ugg, I do not think they're practical here. If I were you I would probably wear the Merrel boots all the time.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shoes question

I was thinking of just bringing my Merrell boots...but I'm afraid it might snow since I heard Iceland's weather is unpredictable. Should I bring my Sorel snow boots instead?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
13,127 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shoes question

If I knew how your Merrell boots or your Sorel boots look like, I would be able to answer. I believe they have several, several different models.... :)))))

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shoes question

my bad: these 2

Merrel Aurora 6 ice

merrell.com/US/…

the Sorel Joan of arctic

https:/…

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
13,127 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shoes question

Aha! Ok, forget what I said previously about bringing the Merrell. You can leave them at home if you want, or bring them... if you want

The Sorel boots might well be all you need.

Delaware
Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shoes question

Just returned. Don’t bring the Ugg’s. It can get slushy on the streets and sidewalks in Reykjavik. I brought a hiking boot (comfy on the plane) and a sperry waterproof snow boot. Wore the snow boots most often.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shoes question

lunzeea, I love your taste in boots & if you are a shoe fiend like I am I brought a pair for each activity: waterproof hiking, flat shoes for walking around the city, even heels for a fancy night out (ok I wore these only once but I at least had them). I saw some others wear winter boots and although it wasn’t slushy when I went (Oct) I would have brought a pair of tall boots just for warmth. There are so many types of weather that shoes (& layers) bringing an assortment gave me the choice in case I needed it.

Reply to: shoes question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted