We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

Washington, DC
3 posts
Save Topic
Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

I would like to stop at the Blue Lagoon on my way to Keflavik Airport for a 5pm flight. Would a taxi ride from my hotel in Reykjavik city center to the Blue Lagoon be reasonable? (And also from the Blue Lagoon to Keflavik Airport) And what time should I plan on leaving my hotel in order to get all this done?

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

A taxi from Reykjavik to Blue Lagoon will cost around ISK 10.000 - 12.000 or approaching USD 100, plus another ISK 4.000 - 6.000 to the airport, or USD 50.

Why not take a Blue Lagoon / Airport tour :

http://www.re.is/DayTours/BlueLagoon

grayline.is/day_tours_and_sightseeing_in_ice…

London
Level Contributor
826 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

Definitely do it with the Flybus rather than a taxi (as per the link above).

You can get an 'all inclusive' ticket for 4400ISK which is the bus from your hotel to the Blue Lagoon, entry into the Blue Lagoon and the bus back to the airport - bargain!

We did this when we were there a couple of months ago. We got the first bus of the day (10am) to the BL and left on the 14.15 bus to the airport.

It was an amazing experience and a great time to be there. It is lovely and quiet first thing in the morning and you watch the sun rise over the steaming waters. We spent about 1.5 hours in the water, sauna & relaxation area then had a leisurely shower (shampoo, conditioner & hairdriers provided for free and soft towels can be hired for 450ISK) and lunch in the cafe.

ENJOY!

uk
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

Hello

We are looking to stop at the blue lagoon on the way back to the airport too.

Just looked at this page

http://www.re.is/DayTours/BlueLagoon/

but not sure which ticket is the one we need. We plan to use the flybus+ to get to our hotel on arrival.

I presume we buy a 'departure via blue lagoon ticket at 5900ISK and jump on the 14.15 bus to the airport, rather than returning to Reykjavik. Is this right?

thanks

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

Use the Departure Via Blue Lagoon option

http://www.re.is/DayTours/Details/1620

You get pickup at your hotel at 10:30

You leave the BSI bus terminal at 11:00

Your bus leaves to the Keflavik Airport (luggage stored on coach while you are in the lagoon) at 14:15

In this you also have the entrance included which not all companies include in their Blue Lagoon Tours.

uk
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

Thanks for helping with that, much appreciated.

kidderminster
Level Contributor
139 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

the bus leaves at 14.35.

England
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

hi folks, sorry to "cut in" on this one....we wish to do Blue Lagoon on way back to airport (sunday 22nd)but our flight is at 15.30, is there enough time to get back to the airport to check in do yo think? it looks a bit tight...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
149 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

You really don't want to be rushed for the Blue Lagoon, in my opinion. I didn't do it prior to flying because that would stress me out. If you're low-maintenance, that's another story.

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

We did the BL after our flight. We had no time schedule to meet so we were able to relax and enjoy the waters of the BL.

We also did it just before our flight too, which was enjoyable but timed.. We left our hotel at 10am, reached the BL around 11am (its about a 50 min drive from Rey. on a bus). Take in time to change clothes, rinse off, bath in BL then, rinse off again and change back into regular clothes. We also had a 5pm flight to catch, we were able to do the BL but we did feel timed, not a big deal as we visited the BL 2 times before the last visit. If you can, I would suggest setting a day during for the BL, it is very relaxing and you dont want to ever come out! That was my experience.

I believe the earliest Bus tours to the BL start at 10 am -11am or 11:30 (something like that)

We used one of the bus tours rather than a taxi, much cheaper and it included the cost for admission to the BL. They hold your luggage on the bus while your in the BL, it takes about 20 min or so to get to Keflavik airport from the BL.

Hope this helps.

New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would like to stop at Blue Lagoon on way to airport

I wouldn't do the Blue Lagoon before the airport. You really want to enjoy your time there and I think you would be really rushed. I would make a day out of the Blue Lagoon or add it to another tour. I would also recommend taking Netbus to get there - Reykjavik Excursions is more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Reykjavik Excursions
Reykjavik Excursions
4,545 Reviews
Reykjavik, Iceland