We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

Hello, my husband and I will be vacationing in Iceland for 4 days over New Years. We are excited!

Perhaps a strange question, but I was wondering if anyone can advise about breakfast each morning. We're booked at the Centerhotel Klopp which offers a breakfast buffet for 9 euros per person per day. Would you recommend we reserve this, or can we get breakfast nearby for the same price or less?

One note is that we are vegetarians (though we eat eggs) - usually we just eat toast or pastries, jam, butter, maybe cereal/milk and coffee or tea. We like eggs if they're around, but not a must.

Thanks in advance!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
2,759 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

It's only in the past few years that cafés and restaurants in Reykjavík have begun offering breakfast, and there's still a very limited number which do so. Additionally, you will certainly find that few, perhaps none, will be open for breakfast on 1st January, and quite likely not many more on 2nd January.

You'll not find a full American breakfast menu at any place outside of the most expensive hotels; where breakfast is offered it will be a light "continental" breakfast, with possibly optional egg dishes.

A couple of places near your hotel which could be worth trying are:

visitreykjavik.is/desktopdefault.aspx/…

visitreykjavik.is/desktopdefault.aspx/…

My suggestion would be not to prebook your breakfast and take the decision each day as to what you want to do (although you might want to book for 1-2 January in light of my comments above).

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

Hi from Iceland

I agree. But the best breakfast restaurant for an American Breakfast is Grái Kötturinn just in front of the National Theater. This one is worth the visit any time.

Best regards

Anna

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

FrozenBaz and Anna, thanks for these insights. Good to know the normal operating hours of restaurants, and especially how the holiday will also change business schedules - hadn't yet thought of that! We'll likely play it by ear as you suggest, and work around the holiday schedule. Appreciate the help!

4. Re: Breakfast at/near Centerhotel Klopp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 06:17