We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Straeto bus tickets

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
335 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Straeto bus tickets

I know that when these are bought from a driver they turn out to be more expensive. Are there ticket machines about and what time do the manned ofices normally open so as to buy tickets ?

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Straeto bus tickets

Bus tickets and cards can be bought at the bus stations at Hlemmur, Mjodd and Fjordur in Hafnarfjordur as well as the service desks in Kringlan and Smaralind and swimming pools in the capital area.

Malta
Level Contributor
335 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Straeto bus tickets

Are bus tickets sold at BSI station Reykjavik and from what time do these kiosks open ?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Straeto bus tickets

There is a difference between ,,city buses" and ,,long distance buses"

I think ValdiSig is talking about city buses. Long distance buses are at BSI.

http://www.bsi.is/index_en.html

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Straeto bus tickets

Icelandguide, read the original post! (especially the heading)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Straeto bus tickets

I was trying to explain the difference between straeto buses and the buses at BSI, for Geomang. But maybe I didn´t do it well.

B-)

Malta
Level Contributor
335 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Straeto bus tickets

Icelandic guide is actually correct because this is what I need. I need tickets at the BSI bus terminal before I leave for Landeyjahofn at 7am. I would rather not buy the tickets the day before in case the ferry doesn't sail from Landeyjahofn.

Vogar
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Straeto bus tickets

But as you noted in another thread it is actually the Straeto company that operates the route to Landeyjahofn so it is not the BSI that you need to go to but rather the Mjodd Straeto terminal.

Malta
Level Contributor
335 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Straeto bus tickets

Thanks.In fact I phoned up Straeto and they told me to purchase the tickets from Hlemmur.

9. Re: Straeto bus tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:17