We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland Air

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Iceland Air

Hi All! I'm thinking of booking a flight to Stockholm through Iceland Air this coming September but have never flown on this airline.

Reviews are somewhat mixed online and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some experiences or pros/cons of using this airline. It's definitely the cheapest option but I would like to make sure it's a good choice.

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland Air

I flew with them last year and have no complaints. And I'm flying with them again in August, so there you go.

I'm sure things have gone wrong with Icelandair at times, but probably no more than other airlines.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland Air

Well I assume they are the best you get from Europe to Iceland, at least of the Icelandic companies. I have flown with them hundreds of times and most of the time been pleased.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland Air

I flew with Icelandair last month and actually really really enjoyed it. Bottles of water were given to us once we stepped on the plane. The food for me was pretty darn tasty. I was comfortable and I thought the seats reclined pretty well.

Though on the flight back my cousin's screen wasn't working and her seat would recline, but then slowly come back up on its own.

I would definitely fly with them again.

Malta
Level Contributor
337 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland Air

Iceland Express get bad reviews and scared me off from booking with them but things are said to be improving with them. I would definitely not want to have my flight cancelled a few days before I'm set to leave.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland Air

Iceland Express has done great job in the past few months, they had terrible track record and general lack of understanding of customer relationship. Once you had paid, the attitude seemed to be, that you were a sucker.

However, not gossiping anything, their financial situation is not great, while Icelandair has had record year in profits. Not that I want to discourage people from flying with them, but I am always little worried. There are however no special signs of any thing bad happening with them.

Adjuntas, Puerto...
Level Contributor
131 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iceland Air

I think I was expecting a little bit more from them. I had a 5.5 hour flight and they only provided a small water bottle. Some food was for sale at very high prices as expected and after that I never saw a flight attendant again only when we were about to land. The seats were as usual and at least each one has a monitor. It was not a bad experience at all, except for the food (the lack of it!)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iceland Air

I've flown with them twice from the UK and both trips were great, it got me from A to B in comfort,

couldn't care less about the food as it's a short flight or the TV as i'm always too busy looking out the windows at the lights if it's a night flight which it was in Feb and i could see the northern lights the whole way :)

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iceland Air

Flew with them twice in December from Copenhagen to Keflavic and then from Keflavic to Washington DC. I was quite comfortable both trips. The Brenivin helped. But I had absolutely no complaints.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iceland Air

It's a very typical airline, just like all the others. (If you fly economoy, anyway.) Only difference is that you get no complimentary meal/snack or headphones for the IFE, even on long-haul. But if the price is right, go for it. I have no complaints about them.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 17:33
10. Re: Iceland Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:16