We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Help/Advice???

London, England
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any Help/Advice???

Hi all,

Have previously visited Reykjavik in Feb 2011 (this forum came in very handy then and I am hoping it will be again) and both me and my gf really enjoyed it and are now going back in December for 5 nights.

Like most we would like to do a northern lights tour, when we went last time we did not have any success in seeing them, and this time I am planning to make it a special occasion!

My first question therefore is can anyone recommend a good company to do this with, something quite intimate?

last time we used Iceland Excursions (Gray Line) and for me the let down of this was that it felt more like taking a coach trip somewhere due to volume of people rather then going on an experience to try to see the lights (I appreciate for what they charge you cant really expect much more).

So far I am thinking superjeep.is but this is only based on what I have seen on trip advisor.

This leads onto my second question, as you can not guarantee a sighting and should we again not be successful in seeing the lights could anyone recommend any other activities that might be an idea, if you were planning to make it a special occasion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David,

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Help/Advice???

We used Volcano Tours (www.volcanotours.is) for a tour when there in October. It wasn't the NL tour like you are looking for, but the guide was great.

The 'bus' held up to 10 people but only one other person was booked... and they canceled at the last minute so it was just the two of us and the guide.

If you book with them directly (as opposed to doing through your hotel) ask for a discount and they should gladly do so (most hotels charge the company for booking tours.)

2. Re: Any Help/Advice???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:47