We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland trip

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
117 reviews
Save Topic
Iceland trip

We just returned from Reykjavik and wanted to let other travelers know what a wonderful experience we had. Our planning phase of the trip started with where to stay. My husband was going to attend a business meeting and we could have stayed at the meeting hotel but chose to rent a furnished flat through Red Apple Rentals. This turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Lovely flat in the heart of town. We were able to experience Reykjavik as if we actually lived there. I cooked almost every night and used the local markets to shop. Met a lot of very nice people (all who spoke very good English) and was treated very well. I plan to use Red Apple Rentals every time we travel

We did some sightseeing trips . The best one was the Iceland ponies trail ride. Beautiful scenery and the horses were very user friendly (I'm scared of horses so I was pleasantly surprised). It was a half day ride with lunch served. Highly recommend. We also did a waterfall/geyser trip which I would also recommend. The only thing we did I would pass on would be the trip to the Blue Lagoon. The ride by bus was pricey and when we arrived there, admission was another 35 Euros each. We ended up not going in due to the price. There are hot springs in the town which are not so expensive. I would definitely NOT eat the Hakari. This is rotten shark.. We were there during Thorrablot festival and the shark was served at the party we attended. It smells to high heaven. No way would I taste it. The one person at our table who tried it kept wiping her tongue all night with a napkin trying to get the taste out of her mouth. Another great thing about Iceland is the safety. There is virtually no crime. I would suggest this trip to anyone who loves the outdoors. There is so much to do. Hiking, biking, trail rides, festivals. Unbelievable trip. I can't wait to go again.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
573 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland trip

I tried horse, puffin and whale but couldn't bring myself to try the Hakari either. The horse and puffin were quite good though. glad you enjoyed your trip!

2. Re: Iceland trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17