We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

Poulsbo, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

Which large tour company do you like better and why?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
564 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

I used Reykjavic excursions several times during my stay. My initial ride from Keflavic to Reykjavic was my first experience. I had two tours booked with them, the Golden Circle and the Northern Lights Tour. On my last day I used them again to get back to Keflavic with a stop at the Blue Lagoon. Every trip was well organized, on time and had no issues. I particularly enjoyed the guides on the tours. They picked up directly from my hotel and several others in a small van and then we were transferred to the main station and a larger bus. The buses were warm and comfortable, considering it was Christmas when I was last there and well below zero, that was a plus. They took care of our luggage at the Blue Lagoon with no worries. We were allowed to keep everything in the Spa's facilities. Our first night on the Northern Lights tour we didn't see the lights and Reykjavic Excursions had a policy that if you didn't get to see them then you could come back on the tour until you did for free. I'm not sure if they still do this but it was very nice they did when I was there. So I will definitely use them next time in Iceland.

Poulsbo, Washington
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

Thank you for your input Robert :-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

I used Grayline for my recent stay in July. We used them for airport transfers to and from as well as a Golden Circle Trip and a Blue Lagoon trip, both day trips. After reading Robert's post above I can say that I had exactly the same experience he had. Buses were clean, guides were wonderful.

I'm guessing that you will be happy with either of them!

4. Re: Reykjavik Excursions or Grayline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:19