We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Thinking of visiting the Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina. Some of the hotel reviews mentions noise from the bar on Friday and Saturday night. Are the Deluxe Rooms (which face the Atlantic) on high floors? Are these rooms going to be noisy? Thanks all. Look foward to your replies.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 15:07
Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Hahaha ! "which face the Atlantic" !!

They face a shipyard, which is less than 10 metres from the hotel. And the harbor. But I guess that the harbor is the North Atlantic.

Did someone really tell you that the rooms faced the Atlantic ? What a brilliant marketing.

But, yes, if there is a little ship in the shipyard, and you can see beyond the harbor, you can see a bay, and mountains on the other side. But seriously, ,,facing the Atlantic" is a little to much :-))

If you really want a hotel that faces the sea, go to Centerhotel Arnarhvoll. And there is no noisy bar there, but still closer to center than the other one.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 16:52
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

"Which face the Atlantic" - From looking at the photos I thought the same!! lol!

I also e-mailed the hotel & received a prompt reply "Deluxe rooms are located on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Some of them are near the bar, can request a room far away from the bar and we will comply".

I am still undecided about the hotel. I am very confused after reading lots of hotel reviews. Looking for a good standard of accommodation (minimum 4 star) in a central location, either B&B or HB. If you have any additional suggestions please let me know.

I was originally thinking of visiting in early Apil but I am now considering late July instead. I realise the weather in July is going to be warmer & the weather is changeable regardless of the time of year. If you have any additional suggestions or comments grateful for your help.

Many thanks.

Haxey
Level Contributor
70 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago and it is a good hotel, although the room and bathroom were small. We also stayed at the Center Hotel Thingholt, we thought this hotel was a better hotel for a similar price. The Thingholt does not have free on site parking but it is easy to find parking and only costs 920isk for 24 hours. One minor thing if it bothers you neither hotels hot water smelled of sulphur.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,343 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Hótel Borg is (very likely) the best hotel in Iceland. All rooms are different, and in Art Deco style. The hotel was built in 1931 and it preserves a style. Right now, the floors in the lobby are made of MARBLE. The hotel is located in the square of the Parliament (Alþing) and the Dómskirkjan... the 'something' cathedral [hehehe, cathedral, cathedral...], the oldest church in town. So: very historic and very neat!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Ohh, so there was a fire in Viðey, or what ?... Diana ;-)))))

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,398 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

Thanks all for your useful replies.

7. Re: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 06:38