We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife question

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife question

I'm just reading up on Reykjavik, according to my Lonely Planet guide you should 'dress up' in Reykjavik, we're going to be there for Airwaves festival so going to all the music venues -does this still apply? what constitutes dressing up? are jeans & trainers ok?

I'm from Manchester where dress code is relaxed and jeans & band tshirts for example would be considered more than ok at a music event, or even a DJ club night and I'm now getting worried that we might have to reconsider what clothes to take?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife question

It´s more or less the same dress code here, as in Manchester.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife question

thank you :) I can breathe easy now

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife question

Was there for Airwaves 3 years back.

There was a bit of every style of dress. People all decked out and folks like me in jeans. Ravers to hippies to punks.

Be prepped to stand in line outside the major venues before the top bands play. It could rain one minute and show the next...

Just be yourself and have some fun.

And make sure to hit the off-site venues during the day when possible. Some great bands that we missed in the official venues.

Also, stock up on liquor at duty free so you can pre-post party ;)

Edited: 14 October 2013, 17:23
4. Re: Nightlife question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 06:20