We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Lagoon Options

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Lagoon Options

I was looking at the Blue Lagoon prices, and I'm debating between packages one (standard) 33 EU or two 58 EU (comfort). Package one is just entrance. Package two includes towel, bathrobe, drink, skin care gift card (5EU) and a volcano scrub or algae mask. Sooooo is the comfort package worth the extra 25? With the drink and gift card that takes it down to 15....that would be for the convenience of the towel (We'll be coming to their from the airport) and the lava scrub/algae mask.

Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

When I was there in July we purchased the standard package with an added towel for 5 EUR, since we didn't want to have to carry along towels. We did end up buying a glass on wine each. I think I would just go for the standard with a towel add-on and save the extra bit of $$ for some of the other wonderful things Iceland has to offer!

Enjoy your trip - I found it AMAZING!

Edited: 16 October 2013, 18:18
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

When I was there in July we purchased the standard package with an added towel for 5 EUR, since we didn't want to have to carry along towels. We did end up buying a glass on wine each. I think I would just go for the standard with a towel add-on and save the extra bit of $$ for some of the other wonderful things Iceland has to offer!

Enjoy your trip - I found it AMAZING!

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

I'm just back from Iceland & the Blue Lagoon. I had the basic package and just took my own towel - you either leave it in your wristband controlled locker or put it 'trustingly' on a peg by the pool.

If its sunny you may need sun glasses in the water & I wish I'd had a cheap waterproof camera with me.

I stayed for two hours due to catching my flight home - but I wanted to stay longer. The feeling of relaxation kind of grows on you the longer your there.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

We're planning to go there after our overnight flight...hoping to soak away some jet lag. Then we'll take the bus on to our hotel. We're really looking forward to it!

ny
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

For the first visit, I recommend it. You don't want to be fumbling with details like towels after traveling. We were happy to have bathrobes as certain areas were chilly. We went in September.

Plainview, NY
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

We were just there in October and bought the comfort packages as it was cold and rainy, and the robes twere very nice to have. It would nice if they had a towel and robe option, without the drink, mask, etc.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

A couple of questions:

Do they allow you to bring your own bottle water into the pool area?

Is the bottom of the lagoon rough on the feet? Would water shoes be a good idea?

Are there chairs and tables to sit at or where would you relax to get out of the water without having to go to a cafe or lounge?

We are planning 4 hours - anyone have a feel for what the average person might stay?

9. Re: Blue Lagoon Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:18