We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rain & snow

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
rain & snow

Ill be going to Reykjavik this coming thursday. I have been looking ahead at the weather forcast and it looks like snow and rain for the days i will be there. I was just wondering if when it rains does it rain all day? Or just for a little while? Id like to book a northern lights tour but with this forcast I feel i wont see anything. If anyone can kind of give me a heads up as to when rain and snowy weather in Iceland in March is like id really appriciate it.

thanks!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
265 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rain & snow

We have just returned from Reykjavikand the weather can change so quickly. One day we had sleet, rain, snow, then sunshine all in one day! The tour guide said she was 99% convinced that the northern lights tours wouldn't be running that night but late in the day the clouds cleared and we went. So you can never truly tell until you are there.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
9,882 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rain & snow

The weather in Iceland is plain unpredictable ! And changeable ! I've sometime said The Weather is like a child with ADHD and bipolar as well :)))) So you get my point...

3. Re: rain & snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18