We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bainbridge Island...
5 posts
Save Topic
JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Hi! My fiancé and I were planning a honeymoon in Iceland- when we realized... We don't even want a big wedding in the states! So last night we got our parents blessings and ditched our plans!

I need a wedding photographer

Someone to marry us!

And a GLORIOUS location

It's just going to be him and I- with beautiful Iceland as our backdrop!

We plan to rent a car and just explore for 10 days so we aren't limited on where we can wed, I just need some advice!

Thanks in advance!!

Quezon City...
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Congratulations! Iceland is the best place for a romantic getaway as well as weddings but you will find yourself caught up with choices since there are just so many places to go to have that perfect moment. I suggest you read this article; northernlightsiceland.com/planning-a-wedding… . And if you want planning they might even help you with it. Have a safe trip and enjoy your wedding vacation, wishing you all the best! :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
365 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Check out Hotel Budir on the Snaefellsnes peninsula. They have a little church on the grounds that has the most stunning views. Plus, it's only about a three-hour drive from Keflavik airport, so not too far. I had dinner there last Saturday and really enjoyed the food. Very romantic hotel and location.

Montreal, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Can i ask you when do you plan to have your wedding? We just had our own elopement wedding in Iceland in July 1st. We organized everything ourselves, so know all ins and outs about wedding in Iceland, so if you would like, we could help you out ? Feel free to drop by our Facebook page, if you want to see some of our wedding pictures!

Edited: 13 August 2014, 00:05
4. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 01:08
5. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 01:08
6. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 08:35
Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

Hi Ashley,

Did you end up eloping last winter? Would love to hear how it went. I think I might do the same next month.

Thanks!

8. Re: JUST decided to elope to Iceland! I need help!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2015, 05:15