We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas restaurants

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas restaurants

Hi

Does anyone know of any good restaurants open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Reykjavik?

I know that nearly all will be closed, but need to find just one!

I've contacted a few and even though a list on the Reykjavik tourist site states that some are open, they are not.

Gardabaer, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas restaurants

The Christmas openings of restaurants is an unknown area right now. I believe most of them haven't even decided yet if they are open or not. Lækjarbrekka for one I think has their doors open, but I could be wrong.

Hafnarfjordur...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas restaurants

I think that VOX at The Hilton Reykjavik Nordica is open during the holidays, not quite sure but try to email them and ask

http://www.vox.is/en/about-us

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas restaurants

Thanks - I've dropped them an email.

If all fails, a picnic in the dark on the side of an old volcano will be cool!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas restaurants

If you find any could please forward the list to me? As we're also looking for somewhere to eat.... Booked in the Blue Lagoon for Christmas Day, expecting to eat there but they restaurant isn't open!

5. Re: Christmas restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2015, 06:16