We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take a large suitcase on a public bus?

Uvita, Costa Rica
9 posts
Save Topic
Can I take a large suitcase on a public bus?

We will be visiting in Dec. We are planning to take the Flybus from KEF to Reykjavik. Our hotel is in Mosfellsbaer. I understand we can take a public bus (#15) from BSI terminal in Reykjavik to Mosfellbaer. I am wondering if we can take our suitcases on the bus? We will probably have a total of 2 large suitcases for 4 of us and maybe 2 -4 carryon. Do they put them under the bus? Or will we have to get a shuttle from the airport to our hotel? The Flybus Plus doesn't go to our hotel according to their list.

Reykjavik
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I take a large suitcase on a public bus?

You can take them in the bus. Shouldn’t be any problem.

Most buses in Reykjavik have three doors; front, middle and rear. Usually you enter through the front door and pay the fare. If you are carrying something large (like a bike, baby carriage or suitcase) you enter in the middle and then go and pay your fare.

Uvita, Costa Rica
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I take a large suitcase on a public bus?

Thank you. It would just be for our arrival and departure days. I will also look into a shuttle to take us directly to our hotel so we don't inconvenience other bus passengers so much.

3. Re: Can I take a large suitcase on a public bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 05:16