We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

seoul
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

Hi. I will move to vik from reykjavik tmr, and I really really want to see plane crash site. so I looked up and gooled it, I had to admit it is impossible to get there without a car.

But I don't have car and I can't drive :(

So, does anyone have a plan to visit plane crash site tmr?? If you don't mind I'd like to join ! I'll not occupy big room cause I'm a small girl and I can pay for my seat. I'll arrive in Vik at 2:00pm and stay in Puffin hostel.

So, let me know by replies!

Cinisello Balsamo...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

I attempted to visit the site by foot two weeks ago, and it's far from being impossible. It's a 1h 30min flat hike (one way) in a desert, though, so you have to be really prepared. Unfortunately my cell phone stopped working so I couldn't reach the site, but if you follow coordinates and stay on the car trail it should be easily done. Plus, you can hitchhike some of the (not so frequently) passing cars...

Edited: 16 August 2014, 09:08
seoul
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

Thank you! 1 and half hour walking is not that hard I guess. but shouldn't I across the river during hike? cause that's the reason I hesitate to walk to there

Cinisello Balsamo...
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

If you follow the car trail there's no need to cross the river. I've seen tiny cars on that path, too.

4. Re: anyone goes plane crash site tmr?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2016, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Vik