We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and breakfast Help please

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bed and breakfast Help please

Could anyone recommend a good Bed & Breakfast hotel. 3 or 4 Star would do. We will be out scuba diving most days. Would like a hotel that is within say 15 minute walking distance to nightlife and restaurants etc. Also a hotel with a swimming pool and maybe some evening entertainment for the odd days that we will not be diving.

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and breakfast Help please

You might want to have a look at The Coastline - we were there last summer, and found it excellent.

http://www.coastline.com.mt is the website

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and breakfast Help please

i can recommend the santana hotel in qwara a good 4 star with good choice of food.

Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and breakfast Help please

Where is your Scuba-diving base?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and breakfast Help please

What do you mean days that you are not diving!!! I couldn't go a whole day in Malta without at least 1 dive.

Most importantly what time of year are you going?

If it is summer then more options open up for you. Probable the most common diving areas are in the northern part of the island but there are dive spots all around and is only dependent really on the prevailing wind. If you are freelance diving (ie independently) definitely go up around St Paul's Bay area for accomodation.

My preference is Qawra and for an hotel I would choose the Santana. Close to everything including buses, restaurants and bars.

I would not choose the Coastline as, although it is a very nice hotel, it's more than 15minutes walk to get anywhere. Admittedly there is a shuttle bus but you would be reliant upon it because, in my opinion it's too dangerous to walk on that stretch of road particularly after dark. (if you do go past the Coastline check out the amount of floral tributes!)

Give us all a few parameters and I feel sure we can advise you accordingly.

5. Re: Bed and breakfast Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:19