We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much spending money shall i need?

2 posts
Save Topic
how much spending money shall i need?

hi i'm going on holidays with my boyfriend, one week in malta and the other week in barcelona. we like to go for nice meals and have plenty of cocktails, and want to go shopping for cheap clothes and presents for family and friends. just wondering on how much i will need to bring with me as we might be doing activities such as scuba diving and things like that. all answers much appreciated :)

Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how much spending money shall i need?

well malta is not the place for clothes shopping as all the decent shops have to import their goods mainly from uk or spain, such as mango , dorothy perkins next etc. so you wont be getting cheap clothes keep your money for other places . i cant recommend how much you will need to bring with you but work on a daily basis food is slightly cheaper than uk also drink. not sure about scuba diving maybe scubapro can help. have fun

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much spending money shall i need?

for one week in malta doing that sort of stuff i would easily say a grand between you.

we usually do the same sort of stuff and you can get through that easily.

if you are staying in the st julians area and dine at the hotels on portomaso or spinola bay you can spend about 70 quid a time on meals with wine etc, but i say why not, dont miss out counting the pennies cos you will always spend it on other things anyway.

enjoy yourselves and i hope i have not put you off.

as for barcelona i have not been for about 10 years but dont take too much ready cash out onto the ramblas cos pickpockets are rife in that area.

the zoo and the football stadium tours are a good idea if you are into that sort of thing.

Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much spending money shall i need?

You can find restaurants in all price ranges. Paceville in St Julians is the entertainment area where most of the clubs and discos are. There are also the large hotels that have cocktail bars.

For shopping go to Sliema or Valletta the capital.

There are various souvenier and gift shops also jewellery shops which sell Maltese fillagree which aren`t expensive.

If you want cheap clothes, you`d have a better choice in Valletta. There is also a market there.

4. Re: how much spending money shall i need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:19