We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the average price for a bottle of beer

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
480 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
the average price for a bottle of beer

last year the cheapest price of a bottle of lowenbrau found was around 55 cents in maltese lira (approx 1.3 euros around £1.03) How much is a bottle now in the new euro system

any bottle, lowenbrau skol or cisk.

DrD

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
480 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

P.S. I am the Drapster not notthedrapster!!!

DrD

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

You need to start syphoning.

Last year the Red Lion was 50c for the Lowenbrau and the bar next to the Venus apartments it was 40c on Tue,Wed & Thurs.

Only time will tell on the increase. That said I haven't had a beer since November so I won't care this year.

Anyone know the cost of peach iced tea or a bottle of red for Mrs SP1957 ?

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

A pint of beer in a cafe/bar in Sliema cost us eur 2.30.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

We had a drink today and I looked at the menu. A bottle of beer was the equivalent of 55 malta cents.

It seems the price has remained the same.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

Blow the beer - how much is Kinnie ?!

T

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

Hat the price maybe about the same but with the rate of the £ against the € it means that most of the drinks are about 30% or more up in price over last year.

I think I shall be getting more from Pavi this year (much more than usual) and think that I will not be eating out quite as much. I've always cooked while I've been in Malta but this year I'm actually going prepared to cook. Unless the £ picks up I think that tourism will suffer NEXT year especially if Malta is fed back to the public as "expensive"

This is what DrD and NtD are getting at. The touring Brits are coming this year because they've already booked but many are having to tighten their belts at home just to get away this year rather than cancel holidays. Even the UK TV stations are suggesting to people that rather than get themselves into more bother they should look to holiday in the UK.

Only time will tell.

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
480 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

holiday in Britain. Oh no, it will be over £3 per pint and i will have to take the wife. At least with Ntd we can tour and see all the labour clubs of the Island and experience their great hospitality. (£1.03 a bottle is just fine)

DrD

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
480 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

Ntd Loves Kinnie !!

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

At the cafe in Sliema the soft drinks like Kinnie were 1 euro.

If you go to the Labour clubs the prices should be lower.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the average price for a bottle of beer

Glad there are other people showing the same concerns. We did book before the sterling/euro exchange rate went so crazy.

Alarm bells rang for us about a month or so ago when I went over to Germany to visit family. From memories of Germany being relatively cheap, i was really shocked to find out just how expensive it was! gone are the days of the 70p bottle of becks! and as for my trusted euro to sterling formulae (/3x2) well thats well and truly gone out the window! more like /3x2.5! now

In hindsight the amount we wil spend in malta (£500 per person for a week?) we could have pretty much covered the extra costs of an all inclusive in Mexico or somewhere.