We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to in Malta????

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Topic
Where to in Malta????

Hello,

Im going to Malta in July, i would like to stay in a place near the beach and with some day/nightlife.

Im considering St.Julians, Seliama or Melliha...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to in Malta????

Depends how deep you want to be into the nightlife.

Forget Mellieha it's too quiet. St Julians will give you good access to the night life but it can be a bit too intense. Sliema is near enough to it all but you will have to compromise a bit on the Beaches. Mellieha has best beach, St Julians is best for nightlife but only a man made beach at St Georges.

Malta
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to in Malta????

Anywhere in Sliema and St. Julians should do it. St. Julians is closer to the nightlife, so go for a hotel there. During the day, kill time in Sliema and St Julians but do remember, this is a country not a resort. Explore it and go to other places.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to in Malta????

Sliema or St Julian's but there are rocky beaches there apart from a small man made sandy beach at St George's Bay that is right on the road. I would base yourselves there and if you then want to to a sandy beach travel to Mellieha for the odd day. Personally I much prefer rocky beaches, they are flat and perfect for lying on and sunbathing if you want to, there are ladders into the sea for getting in and out, places to jump or dive from and no sand getting everywhere. Some places have clubs (mainly the waterpolo clubs of Neptunes, San Giljan and Exiles) you may be able to pay an entrance fee and use showers, the bar, sunbeds etc

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to in Malta????

Sliema/St Julians as I am sure you know adjoin and are really one large town (large by Maltese standards).

You can easyily walk from sliema to the nightlife area in St Julians (Paceville).

If by nightlife you mean bars, pubs or restaurants you`ll find those in Sliema too.

The clubbing and discos are in Paceville.

If you are young and will be going to Paceville regularly you might prefer hotels in St Julians to save on walking.

Paceville to the beginning of Sliema is about a 30 min walk.

Saint Julian's...
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to in Malta????

Keep in mind that St.Julians is not "some nightlife", it is totally nightlife! So it depends on what type of holiday you're searching for.

For both beach and nightlife I would recommend St.Julians. Also public transport is very accessible and you can visit any part of the island from this town.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to in Malta????

Bear in mind that the `night life` part of St Julians is called Paceville (ironic as Pace means peace. The first buildings there belonged to some one called Pace which is a common surname here).

The 5* hotels are on the outskirts on either side and in a good area.

There are also quite a few other hotels in St Julians at a distance from Paceville. Even those on the outside of Paceville are surprisingly not affected by the chaos.

7. Re: Where to in Malta????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 21:20