We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Work in Malta

wolverhampton
3 posts
Save Topic
Work in Malta

Hi I am a young chef thinking of working in Malta or Gozo for the summer. Is it hard for a chef to find work & accomadation out there? I have been looking on the internet but I can't find any websites that specialize in catering jobs on malta. Does anybody know of any sites?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Work in Malta

It's probably one of the only jobs that you should be able to find for the summer (or dive instructor) but expect REALLY LONG hours. You should know that as a chef anyway.

I'll try to check out some places.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Work in Malta

I think it is much easier to find jobs as waiters than as chefs.

We have the Institute of Tourism Studies and their students usually take up the best job opportunities.

Or else foreign students on exchange visits.

You could try timesofmalta.com and check out their classifieds.

There are always entries for waiters but you could check them out

They won`t offer accomodation though.

uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Work in Malta

there are often vacancys for chefs but the wages are very low compared to the uk and they work longer hours.check out the adverts in the times of malta

wolverhampton
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Work in Malta

ok thanks for the advise guys

5. Re: Work in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 00:19