We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

preluna hotel parking!!

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
preluna hotel parking!!

Hi there!!

Am thinking about booking a 10 night stay at the preluna in malta but am alittle worried as there is no on site car park and I have a 9 month old!!!

Called the hotel today and there are 2 car parks very near by!! Have been to malta loads and know how difficult parking can be!! Had anyone stayed at the preluna?? What do you think???

Thanks

Dublin Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,159 reviews
from US$23.70*
City Sightseeing Berlin Hop-On...
112 reviews
from US$23.70*
Full-Day Quad Tour of Gozo
79 reviews
from US$93.40*
Gozo Full-Day Jeep Tour
41 reviews
from US$77.20*
Newtownards
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: preluna hotel parking!!

Hello there to you too. I have been to sliema and was there recently March29th /3rd April. I did not stay at the preluna but the Plaza Regency. Parking can be very difficult. When you hire a car they will tell you to park between the white lines, make sure you PARK BETWEEN THE WHITE LINES. I know to my horror when I got home my credit card had 30 euros deducted for illegal parking!! How can you park illegally when two attendants guide you into a space.They charged me 5 euros to park all day at Mdina/Rabat. Happy days i thought. They weren't real attendants!!! they were chancers trying to earn a few euros. There was no ticket displayed on the windowscreen they must have removed it before I returned to the car. Anyway I will be back I still love Malta. Just be careful where you do park ok. enjoy your holiday and happy driving. You might have to drive a round a few times before you get lucky and luck be the word.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: preluna hotel parking!!

Can't think of car parks very near by the Preluna, there is one relatively near by but I wouldn't want to be carrying my 9 month old baby with all the stuff that you have to carry for a baby to a car park that's not on your doorstep.

Yes parking is not easy but if you drive around a few times you should find a spot. During the day it won't be a problem as everyone is out at work. If you go anywhere in the evening coming back to the hotel can be a problem. We return back 'home' slightly later so that the crowd of people who come to Sliema to 'go out for a stroll' have returned home and we hopefully then find a space.

Do you need the car for the whole of your stay? Maybe just hire it for a short while or decide what you want to do by car and use taxis then. You are on the bus route but maybe that's not the easiest with a baby. Also depends on when you are going - buses are not air-conditioned

Enjoy your holiday whatever you decide

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: preluna hotel parking!!

I am presuming you are not going to be the only adult. So do as the Maltese do - one is dropped at the Preluna with baby and all the bags, toys etc and the other drives the short distance to the multi storey. If you are patient you could try going round the side streets behind the Preluna.

Evenings in Summer are the most difficult as people from all over the island `invade` Sliema to stroll along the promenade.

4. Re: preluna hotel parking!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 00:19