We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodation

England
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Accommodation

Hello,

I have just booked 2 weeks in Malta in august for my boyfriends 21st birthday. I'm looking to book some accommodation now and wondered if anyone could advise me?

We are on a very tight budget, so are looking at hostels etc. We just want somewhere clean and pleasant. We'd also rather steer away from any heavy nightlife areas :)

Many thanks!

Della

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodation

sites which are found useful include -

visitmalta.com holidaysmalta.com gomaltatravel.com

malta-information.com maltabargains.com

The `heavy nightlife area` is Paceville in St Julians. But there are budget accomodation in St Julians which are not in that area.

visitmalta.com (views and downloads) and heartofmalta.com (malta guide) both have videos which could help you choose locations

bugibba/Qawra are more touristy

sliema/st julians more central

Put key words like `hostels` `b & b` `bugibba` `beach` in the search box on top to get info

England
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodation

Hello and thankyou for your reply.

I will take a look at all those sites now - I'm really panicking as everywhere seems to be full!

Della x

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Accommodation

try the hotel rckna in st julians for a cheap basic stay. you can book online direct with them.

just google rokna and the web site should come up. we stayed there for 5 nights last march and it was sufficiant for our needs.

also try the hotel valentina in st julians. this hotel is better than the rokna but more expensive.

you can get in hotels like the alexandra for about £40 a night but this is a bigger and therfore noisier hotel and it will be more so in august.

try www.hotels.com for some ideas.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Accommodation

In the paper yesterday I saw this

Hotels in Malta on half board basis from eur 9

tel. no. 00356 2157 2484

maltabargains.com

on starwebmalta.com you will find

Hacienda Guest House, outskirts of Paceville - a double room in August was eur 35

England
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Accommodation

Many thanks I will give that number a call now, who knows we might be lucky :)

Della

6. Re: Budget Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:25