We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Mellieha Bay

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Diving Mellieha Bay

Hi im considering despite mass apprehention trying diving whilst i am in Malta.

I am naturally not a great swimmer will this be a problem?

Anyone got any reccomendations of who i should go with in mellieha bay and how much say a half day trial dive will cost me?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

you don't need to be a great swimmer to dive .. different concepts and underwater is a lot easier that remaining positively buoyant so don't let that stop you.

There are a number of operators around there that will do try dives for you ... Aquaventure and Sea Shell Dive Cove (my preference .. speak to Hubert) current published cost is €34

Scubapro's tip of the day... don't sign up for a course unless you are happy with it ...I'm convinced you will love it .. Enjoy

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

how do i find sea shell dive cove? do they have an office in Mellieha or do i just google and give them a ring when i get over there?

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

sea shell dive cove is in Mellieha village

link is http://www.seashell-divecove.com/courses.asp

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

I found Aquaventure very supportive of apprehensive divers and would recommend them - see other posts on this forum.

They have two locations in Mellieha - at the Mellieha Bay Hotel and in the Luna complex.

I've met Hubert of seashell whilst out diving - nice bloke, though I've not dived with them.

I heard less good, though satisfactory, comments about Meldives from a couple that went with them, though they are a high standard PADI centre, like many on Malta.

For try dives, you have a couple of options to consider -the more expensive options offer a more challenging dive in the sea (say at a better dive location).

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

of course you didn't say when you were going ... I'm there all through August and will be taking some try dives.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

Sorry your right i didnt... we are there for a week from september 10th.

7. Re: Diving Mellieha Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Malta
Recent Conversations