We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Malta - advice on restaurants and sites

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Malta - advice on restaurants and sites

Hi all,

am going to Malta by the end of august, still scared by the temperature as I don't like excessive heat (already here where I live is too hot for me, hope there is no too worse), I am looking for a couple suggestions for restaurants with sea food, nice views and high quality food, what can you advice in the Bugibba area or somewhere else?

also, what are the must see in the island?

what should I bring with me to wear night time? do I need sweaters or is still hot (sigh)?

thanks all for suggestions

giovanni

Newtownards
Level Contributor
275 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Malta - advice on restaurants and sites

Oh come on giovanni why would you need sweaters!!! you live in capri. you are just a stones throw. buggiba is a lovely resort a stroll will take you to st pauls bay or qawra or buggiba. and what is there not to see the island is full of history.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Malta - advice on restaurants and sites

check out

www.visitmalta.com (click on views and downloads for videos)

www.heartofmalta.com (click on malta guide with videos – accommodation also has videos)

www.supercities.eu ( lots of videos – put the name you want in the box top left)

www.searchmalta.com ( photos and info)

www.mymalta.com (a different kind of site)

www.starwebmalta.com (lists restaurants, bars etc according to locality)

www.holidays-malta.com (good varied info)

Just cut and paste into your browser and enjoy your Malta holiday before you get here.

For more info try

www.maltairport.com and www.airmalta.com.

www.di-ve.com general local info portal

atp.com.mt regular and direct bus schedules

I wish you luck as regards the weather. Very rarely it starts to get a little cool in the evenings end August so you could get a long sleeved shirt and hope for the best !

Some friends recommended Tarragon in St Pauls Bay.

If you`ll be using buses, there are direct buses from Bugibba that go all over the island.

You`ll find all the info you need in the above sites but the most popular sights are -

Valletta (capital) Mdina (medieval capital)

Gozo Comino Birgu/Vittoriosa Marsalxlokk (good fish restaurants) St Julians/Sliema Neolithic Temples

Blue Grotto (maybe no need if you come from Capri)

Harbour Cruises from Sliema

If you have a car there are other more out of the way places.

3. Re: First time in Malta - advice on restaurants and sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:22
Get answers to your questions about Malta
Recent Conversations