We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egipt or Malta ?

Bucharest
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Egipt or Malta ?

I have to chose between malta and Egipt for 12 September. What do you think. Where shell i stay in Malta for a first pleasent stay? Is the weather very hot in september?

Mentioned in this post
Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egipt or Malta ?

I guess it really depends what you hope for your holiday ... Thing is by posting on a Malta forum most people are going to suggest going to Malta .. The weather, sea in September are great ... YOU need to know what you want to do.

Mentioned in this post
Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egipt or Malta ?

also depends what you are looking for and where you are planning to go in egypt. The way i see it you can get two vary differing kinds of holidays.

If you stay in Sharm and around there you get a traditional beach holiday.

Or if you stay in Luxor you get a more cultural and adventure style holiday.

We chose the latter and so glad we did. That said we are off to Malta at the start of june and am really looking forward to it!

Mentioned in this post
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egipt or Malta ?

some sites to give you an idea of Malta are

www.visitmalta.com (click on views and downloads for videos)

www.heartofmalta.com (click on malta guide with videos – accommodation also has videos)

www.supercities.eu ( lots of videos – put the name you want in the box top left)

www.searchmalta.com ( photos and info)

www.mymalta.com (a different kind of site)

www.starwebmalta.com (lists restaurants, bars etc according to locality)

www.holidays-malta.com (good varied info)

Just cut and paste into your browser and enjoy your Malta holiday before you get here.

For more info try

www.maltairport.com and www.airmalta.com.

www.di-ve.com general local info portal

atp.com.mt regular and direct bus schedules

Unless someone knows you well it`s very difficult to advise where to choose.

I imagine Egypt is hotter than Malta in September.

Malta is a small country so wherever you go, you mix with the locals and everywhere is near.

Maybe there is more diversity in the sights - spanning the neolithic temples to world war ll .

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Egipt or Malta ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:18