We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarettes

oxford uk
7 posts
Save Topic
cigarettes

can anyone tell me the price of a packet of marlboro lights in malte please

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cigarettes

I have never smoked or bought a packet in my life but I believe this link may help you

maltairportvalue.com/maltairportvalue/…

Contact the shop manager in the departures lounge.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cigarettes

According to that site , cigarettes are 50% cheaper than the UK and you can take 3 Kgs of tobacco,

Visit

maltairportvalue.com/maltairportvalue/…

I learn something every day :-)

Dublin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cigarettes

Roughly 3.50 euro I've been informed.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cigarettes

As you`ve been told, cigarettes are much cheaper. There is a tiny shop at the Ferries Sliema who sells cigarettes. The owner once told me that a British couple bought so many during their stay and to take back home that they saved the amount of their trip (a bit over the top I feel !)

The price at the airport is now the same as in the shops.

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cigarettes

3.50 euro about right in july for lambert and butler do not rely on airport shop if you have early flight it may not be open nice smoking aera in malta airport you do not feel your commiting a crime like here in uk

MILTON KEYNES
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: cigarettes

hi, i came back from malta 2 weeks ago and the price of marlboro lights varied between 3.50 euro to 3.70 euro. not as cheap anymore. went 10 years ago and everything was cheap. my villa owner told me that since changing to the euro in jan 08, everything has nearly doubled.

there is no duty free in malta cos its part of eu. to get duty free you need to go outside of europe. spain still has cheap ciggies. tenerife 3 weeks ago was 16 pound for 200. alcohol in malta is dearer than wetherspoons in the uk. excursions and entry prices like popeye village isnt too bad. i was in a villa in mellieha and was a good 20 min walk uphill to town or down to rocky beach so i hired cars. i haggled with a local taxi firm and got a battered old minibus and open

jeep for 25 euros each per day.

hope you have a good holiday and weathers good.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cigarettes

tclark - things have become more expensive , just like they have done everywhere.

To say things have doubled since January is definately not true. There was a price freeze for six months after the change over. So, the villa owner was effectively saying that things have doubled since June ! ! !

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cigarettes

tclark, No offence intended to you, I don't drink alcohol, but I know I would rather pay a bit more for a dink in Malta than to be sitting in a wetherspoons anywhere!!

Give up drinking and smoking (and eating good food) and you can still have a cheap holiday. Trawling the forums people have been complaining that, Spain, Cyprus, Greece - all places have been more expensive this year. We expect to spend more this year - but then again, I spend a lot more in Tesco's every week!

We have been hiring a little car (not the most basic though) from the same company for the past 4 years and the price has stayed the same each year. Yes we have to pay in euros this year, but it will still work out at just over a tenner a day, I think if you shop around you can get good deals on most things.

Regards Trisha

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cigarettes

Everything is more expensive wherever the currency is Euros because the exchange rate is so poor. Last year it was 1.47 and now it's more like 1.27 so for every £10 you are getting under £13 as opposed to under £15 last year

bucks
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cigarettes

Got back from Malta couple of days ago. I paid 35 euros for 200 superkings. Dont pay by credit card in shops for large amounts of ciggies as they make around five per cent card charges. At the airport they dont so it pays to get them there.