We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canoeing in malta

mansfield
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
canoeing in malta

Hi going to Malta in a couple of weeks and staying in Mellieha. Does anyone know/recommened anywhere we can hire canoes for a taster session at sea.Tis my daughters latest fad (11 year old going on 20)..thanks for any help in advanced.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canoeing in malta

There should be an outfit that hires out canoes on the beach at Mellieha Bay .

I am sure that there is one at Golden Sands Bay under the SAS Radisson Hotel . Not very far from Mellieha and the bay is nicer and more enclosed for a nice calm ride to the next bay , fantastic scenery too .

For a quick look you could try a sea jet scooter !

You can hire bothfor sure at Golden sands Bay !

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: canoeing in malta

This will give you a couple of views of Golden sands bay and hotel

www.goldensands.com.mt/page.asp?p=17001&l=1

Been there and done it all ...something else !

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canoeing in malta

Try Aquatica at St Pauls Bay. They were venturing into canoeing but don't know what they actually did. Google Aquatica Malta and they have a site. I would suggest contact should be with Darryl.

As with all places you try .. ask direct questions such as "do you rent" or "do you sell" I say this because it seems over the years you could be dealing with the friend of a friend of a friend rather than direct.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canoeing in malta

You shouldn't have a problem in finding somewhere to hire canoes in the tourist resorts or sandy beaches.

www.seakayakmalta.com is good but maybe too professional for a child.

5. Re: canoeing in malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2009, 05:20