We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HSBC call centre Malta

oxford
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
HSBC call centre Malta

Hello, my daughter is thinking of applying for a position at the call centre which I think is located near to Qormi.She is 29 and will need to relocate from England so has anyone been in the same situation that could give some advice? I believe there is a short phone interview followed by an interview in Malta. If successful there is a 6 week training programme, presumably in Malta. Where would be a good location to rent please? We have visited Malta many times but only in Bugibba/Qawra so we are not familiar with the Qormi area. We have heard that that there is a high turnover of staff, is this due to any particular reason?. Any info would be gratefully received as it is a big step for her.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,977 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

HI.

I think you will find the HSBC call centre is not in Qormi it is in Swatttar (spelling???) which is on the outskirts of Birkakara (Maltas largest town). The building used to be the old Price Club supermarket.

As for finding accomodation, Bugibba would be OK as its not far away.

I am sorry that I can not help with the final part of your question re. staff turnover as I know nothing about this.

Graham.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

A great deal of going off at a tangent today but I keep seeing HSBC and it makes me think of the prettiest bank (or is there just an ATM inside?) ... the one in Mdina

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

britishexpat.com/expatforum/…

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

Scuba

That is just a hole in the wall ATM , next to the musuem housed in one of the nicest palaces in Mdina.

Missus Garnett

suggest you try to base your daughter in Birkirkara or Naxxar , maybe even Msida, being just a bus ride away ...me thinks???

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

The actual Call Centre is in Swatar but HSBC Training Centre is in Qormi - so maybe the Call Centre also holds its training sessions there.

I would advise you to ask HSBC about accomodation as they should be able to advise you. They might have some contacts where a group could rent out an apartment.

As regards public transport - most employees at the Qormi Centre would stop at Hamrun near acquaducts and walk down.

As regards turnover - I know a number of Graduates who get a job there just until they find some post in their chosen career.

I feel that they are the ones who contribute to the high turn over statistics not the large number of British who work there.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

Hi alfgarnettsmissus,

I asked an Englishman who works at the centre, and he explained that the procedure is:

A first telephone interview. If you are accepted you will recieve another more indepth telephone interview. Hopefully, you will then be selected from a list of successful phone applicants. You will then be invited to a face to face interview where they 'put you through' some aspects of the job.

Successful applicants will then start a six weeks training course. Incidently, he mentioned that a percentage of trainees quit during the training period. Also the hours worked can be unsociable.

7. Re: HSBC call centre Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 05:21