We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october first time visitor

dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather in october first time visitor

hi i am traveling to valleta in late october staying in the phonicia hotel, ive done a bit of research into the climate but its very broad, just wondering what to expect at this time of year, not particulary lookinf for blazing sun but dry weather would be nice, i live in ireland after all.

thanks in advance for any replies.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in october first time visitor

Hi,

October can be an excellent time to visit and it should definitely be less wet than Ireland. However, it is approaching winter and you can expect some showers with the potential of them being quite heavy. From my experience showers tend to be short lived and dry up quickly, also they often happen at night. Weather in October can be warm and sunny and if you are lucky you may still be able to take a dip in the pool and/or sea. My recommendation is come prepared, perhaps pack a light raincoat and/or umbrella and hopefully you will not need them. Have a great trip.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in october first time visitor

Tripalot has given you the basic expectations , with which , I agree.

Expect to have a possible shower or two , and bring along a light jacket or a cardigan , plus a plastic jacket , just in case it pours. After all it is late October and getting into winter .

If you are lucky , you could go back to Ireland with a good suntan ..good luck !

dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in october first time visitor

thank's a lot for your replies, i dont mind a bit of rain, it's just humid weather gives me migraine when its wet and also humid so just wanted to check, hopefully it will be fair enough,

goin for the sights and to explore the island, wont be doing much sunbathing.

thanks again

4. Re: weather in october first time visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:21