We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

Johannesburg
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

My daughter and I want to arrange a personalised tour of Tunisia through Touringmalta.com. As I have never been on a personalised tour before, I m a little apprehensive about it.

Firstly, I do not know the tour operator, Touringmalta.com or tourinmed.com , and would LOVE it if someone who has personally dealt with them, could tell me about their experiences with this particular tour operator.

Apparently they form part of Malta Travelnet and seem to be licenced by the Malta Tourism Authority, but I have been burnt before by online travel companies, and want to make sure that they are reputable, competent and experienced, before I make travel arrangements through them.

Also, I am not sure how safe it is for 2 European ladies to be driven around Tunisia by an unknown person (driver/guide), so I want to make sure that whoever takes us, has been hired by a reputable company.

Help!!

1. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 20:02
Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

I think it may be advisable to seek advice on the Tunisia forum if you haven't already.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

As Scubapro said - there seems to be some mix up some where. I've heard of recommendations for touringmalta.com but as far as I know they only operate in Malta. Tunisia is in north Africa and has nothing to do with Malta. If you are in a cruise, it is usually the stop BEFORE Malta.

Other people have also recommended Vince Debono at http://www.guideinmalta.com/

4. Re: Looking for a reputable tour operator in Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 08:16