We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria hotel sliema

nottingham
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
victoria hotel sliema

We have just booked 2 weeks at the victoria in july and are a bit concerned about some negative comments in the reviews,We visit Malta every year, normally staying at the Corinthia Palace, but finances and the necessity of car hire there has forced us to look elsewhere.It is our ruby wedding anniversary(40yrs.) and I am just recovering from a long illness, so we want it to be special. However all the mention of noisy rooms and badly working lifts have got us worried.

Can anyone recommend a good quiet, comfy room number so that I can contact the hotel with my request please.Thankyou.

Sue

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria hotel sliema

I've been to Malta many times but haven't heard anything about this hotel.

We are just about to go to the Corinthia Palace for our silver anniversary (we have not stayed there before), I hope your hotel is good and you have a great stay. Best Wishes for your ruby anniversary.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: victoria hotel sliema

Send an email to the Manager in the hotel tell them that you are just recovering from an illness and that you require a quite room with a view as you have been there before you know that they will do anything they can to assist you.

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: victoria hotel sliema

The Victoria hotel is a very nice place set up a side road in Sliema,although obviously a modern hotel it is quite oldey worldy and quaint in some ways but very ornate and almost from a different era in the nice sense of the word, the rooms are very clean and tidy, I held my 40th birthday here and we all had a great time, you should have no problems there however if you wish to put your mind at rest here is the hotel website and you will find full contact details included , stop worrying and look forward to your holiday because I bet it wasn't cheap !!.

http://www.victoriahotel.com/

nottingham
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: victoria hotel sliema

You will love it, it is our favourite hotel, the only negative thing being the need of car hire if you want to travel in the evening for a meal. If you're half board the food in the hotel is wonderful but expensive. Try the small cafe/restaurant across the road . have a great time!

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: victoria hotel sliema

Hi Butterfly (what a lovely name), imo I don't think they will need a car for meals in the evening unless they have mobility problems, whilst Sliema and San Giljan are obviously very touristy, there are still a number of fairly adequate places to eat within walking distance, or bus and walking distance, I am pretty sure that between us all we could reccomend a few decent places fairly close by, and a few decent bars where they could wash their meal down.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: victoria hotel sliema

I am sure you know that the Victoria is situated in a residential area. I don't think there is any construction work near by so shouldn't imagine it will be that noisy. I agree in contacting the hotel and explaining your position. Mention that you are a regular visitor to Malta .

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: victoria hotel sliema

I think Butterfly was replying to the poster staying at the Corinthia Palace in Balzan where transport would be necessary in the evenings as there are only very few restaurants (literally one or two) in the vicinity of the hotel

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: victoria hotel sliema

Yes twirl I think your right, I'm on my way to the opticians as we speak.

9. Re: victoria hotel sliema

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:18