We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moral between 10h till 18h

Island of Malta...
1 post
Save Topic
moral between 10h till 18h

It comes that ethics and moral in Malta are only running from 10am till 6pm. In St. George bay is not allowed to drink alcohol on the beach between 1am and 6am, and from 10am till 6pm topless is not allowed. So... the happy hours in Malta are from 6pm till 10am and again from 6pm till 1am. In this country of extrange ethics and rules there is a happy hour to do everything you want. Amazing... we are in Europe just to keep habits, culture and rules when the country is not loosing money!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

Where did you hear all this rubbish !!

Topless bathing is not allowed at any time.

Don`t understand what you are saying about happy hours ---- some bars have them but not to the hours you mention.

Malta is a very moral country ---- don`t comprehend what you`re saying ! !

Graham.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
6,925 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

This post is totally inaccurate.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 16:25
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

The above post was written after a few happy hours and is totally incorrect .

Topless bathing is not allowed at any time and drinking of alcohol on the beach is prohibited , as are glass bottles and mugs for safety reasons .

This week some teenagers were prosecuted for skinnydipping around 2 in the morning . Youngsters will not be youngsters forever , but maybe the law will try to save their life by giving them directions ...hopefully !

timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20100813/loca…

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

If anyone is offended by nudity , he should not click on the link below , which shows someone skinnydipping in the Fontana Di Trevi , not at 2 in the morning but at 2 in the afternoon .

These things happen everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5E1bZEuY-M

Some people may be offended and have every right to complain IMHO :-)

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

I agree with 643amc .... there is a whole lot of spouting off in the Times about 4 Italian students that got €100 fines and suspended jail sentences for skinny dipping in the dark at 3.30 in the morning.

I think the OP is more having a go a the police superintendant because people are allowed drive dangerously etc etc etc and there is no recourse but the police have enough resources to arrest and prosecute 4 drunken teenagers. (that have probably taken advantage of the happy hours)

It was on the news and in the Times and for whatever reason has caused quite a bit of reaction. Personally I'm of the sledgehammer to crack a nut following and think that those most likely to be offended at 3.30 in the morning should have been tucked up in bed.

It has raised many laughs in the local at just how crazy the laws are in Malta. I suppose laws are laws and must be upheld but 4 teenagers are easy to catch and will make the arrest figures look good. It's far too warm to catch proper criminals or worse still dangerous motorists.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 18:56
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

Shinyisan - to be honest I didn;t really understand your post.

What I think is the reason for the action taken by the police is that many local residents have complained because of the bad behaviour of many of the foreign students here to study English. Though what they manage to learn after spending all night drinking and partying is beyond me.

They are noisy and disturb residents and regular tourists during the night.

The reason seems to be that for many of them it is the first time they are free of parental control and when you combine that with the heat , cheaper booze and lower age limits these youngsters go out of control.

They are the reason those rules were made regarding St Georges Bay. These "students" were making it look like a disaster zone.

7. Re: moral between 10h till 18h

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2011, 05:18