We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the Hilton

UK
Level Contributor
398 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about the Hilton

We will be staying at the Hilton in St Julians soon - can't wait. All the reports sound great. We hope to us the tennis and squash courts, are you able to hire equipment? Do they also supply pool towels? Does the hotel have any other activities that my 10 and 17 year old may like to use? Do they have tea and coffee in the rooms - we have just gone for standard rooms. Thanks

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the Hilton

Sorry can't help but if no one replies try emailing the hotel directly and ask them these questions

Berkshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the Hilton

Hi

We stayed at the Hilton at the end of September and I must say it was very nice and if the weather is good you will certainly enjoy the pools. The main pool has a really nice snack bar for drinks and burgers and fries etc which will suit the children or you could order from their little menu and the food is ordered and picked up for you from the hotel itself. We had tea and coffee making facilities in the room and some floors have ice machines. Get down early for breakfast - before 9 if you can as there will be a small queue. We had half board and the food was great. Different themes on different evenings and on a Sunday a choice of roast beef, lamb and gammon. Lots of choices of vegetables and lovely desserts. Or try one of their other restaurants. We tried the Blue Elephant Thai restaurant and it was a lovely atmosphere although I am not too keen on Thai food. You can also lunch at the Mercanti Beach club which is near the childrens pool but I preferred the main pool area. Yes you can hire out their beach towels and they keep an eye on returns. I always take my own anyway which I prefer.

It was our first trip to Malta and although we didn't get to do historic Valetta the island didn't inspire me on that front (I love Italy an shouldn't compare, well it's incomparable really). We went on Captain Morgans catamaran trip to the blue lagoon which was okay but not what we had booked because the other boat was out of service and although it was nice it had a very young teenage element in the main and the lunch served wasn't great. It was all rather set up touristy. You are picked up from the hotel at 9ish in their mini van and dropped back in the early evening.

For a really relaxing stay the Hilton will give you all you need in the sunshine so you won't have to venture out to ghastly places like Paceville (believe me it will spoil your take on Malta).

Any other questions do ask.

Cheryl

Berkshire
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the Hilton

Hi

We stayed at the Hilton at the end of September and I must say it was very nice and if the weather is good you will certainly enjoy the pools. The main pool has a really nice snack bar for drinks and burgers and fries etc which will suit the children or you could order from their little menu and the food is ordered and picked up for you from the hotel itself. We had tea and coffee making facilities in the room and some floors have ice machines. Get down early for breakfast - before 9 if you can as there will be a small queue. We had half board and the food was great. Different themes on different evenings and on a Sunday a choice of roast beef, lamb and gammon. Lots of choices of vegetables and lovely desserts. Or try one of their other restaurants. We tried the Blue Elephant Thai restaurant and it was a lovely atmosphere although I am not too keen on Thai food. You can also lunch at the Mercanti Beach club which is near the childrens pool but I preferred the main pool area. Yes you can hire out their beach towels and they keep an eye on returns. I always take my own anyway which I prefer.

It was our first trip to Malta and although we didn't get to do historic Valetta the island didn't inspire me on that front (I love Italy an shouldn't compare, well it's incomparable really). We went on Captain Morgans catamaran trip to the blue lagoon which was okay but not what we had booked because the other boat was out of service and although it was nice it had a very young teenage element in the main and the lunch served wasn't great. It was all rather set up touristy. You are picked up from the hotel at 9ish in their mini van and dropped back in the early evening.

For a really relaxing stay the Hilton will give you all you need in the sunshine so you won't have to venture out to ghastly places like Paceville (believe me it will spoil your take on Malta).

Any other questions do ask.

Cheryl

UK
Level Contributor
398 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the Hilton

Thanks. I have also contacted the hotel and they have been very helpful. I will write a report when I return.

5. Re: Questions about the Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 07:16