We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton next June

Belfast, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton next June

Hi, I'm planning to take advantage of Easyjet opening the Belfast to Malta route next year and was looking for some advice.

I'm using Hilton Honors points for my stay and was wondering if anyone could tell me how far it is from the airport (we arrive around 10pm) - Is the beach nice? What's the best things to do (we've got 10 nights booked)

Also, how does Malta rate expense wise?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton next June

You are staying in one of the nicer hotels in St Julians, next to a lovely Marina. The hotel has a very nice pool complex, and ladder access directly into the sea, but no sandy beach, however there is a small sandy beach at St georges Bay 5 minutes away. also, there is a regular bus service to the north of the island where the nicer sandy beaches are. The hotel is a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport at a cost of 21 euros, There is also a shared transfer service with a company called Malta Transfers for about 7 euros per person each way which will take a little longer. Prices are comparable to the UK, cheaper than Dublin (where I am temporarily based) and I don't know how that compares to Belfast, although I am planning taking a trip north so may find out (work permitting).

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton next June

Many thanks for this. Very informative and I really appreciate you taking the time. Looking forward to the trip. If you can suggest any "Unmissable" day trips or visits please let me know.

Thanks again.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton next June

Further down on the page are two Questions which should answer you - 5 top sees and do's and another one about 4 days in Malta.

The Top Questions on the right have a lot of up to date info.

What do you most enjoy when you are on vacation and we'll be able to give you more info.

4. Re: Hilton next June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 05:18