We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

Lichfield
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

Hi guys . Does anyone have the name of the Managing Director/Chairman or any members of the Board of Directors that own The Comino and The Mellieha Bay Hotels and a contact address,phone number or E-mail address. I have just returned home having stayed at The Comino and was unable to get a contact number or address as the staff at the hotel haven't got a contact name or number of any off the owners. Hope someone can help please.

Cheers.

Mike.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

Hi

I went over to Comino for half a day and went and had lunch at the Comino Hotel. I picked up some information from the staff (as I work in the travel industry) but nothing with the contact names of any of the people you are after.

Is everything ok?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

You will have to look in the Companies office in Valetta all companies have to be registered for tax and Vat their names should also be on the bottom of their letter heading with these numbers on them.Ask the hotel manager for the numbers also ask the company you booked with to get them for you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

the owners must be Mr Gasan, a leading businessman in the automobile importation industy in Malta, and Mr G Fenech, director of Portomaso Resort in Malta. You may follow this link for further information.

archive.maltatoday.com.mt/2008/08/31/t10.html

Lichfield
Level Contributor
45 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

Hi Guys.

Thank you so much for the response to my question,I now have enough information to contact them and ask a few questions.I don't know if people are aware of the state of The Comino Hotel,my wife and myself have been staying at this hotel for the last 8 years sometimes twice a year .The situation of the hotel is stunning and the staff are the best hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure to have met bar none.

We have just returned from another 15 night stay and this will definately be our last trip.In 8 years the only outlay that the owners have made to make it comfortable for the many thousands of customers they have had in this time was to purchase a carpet for the 2 corridors that run the length of the hotel. The lounge furniture has had some replacement cushion covers in the last year but they are still held together by staples and rusty screws ,the screwheads protrude approx 2/3mm.I was aware they want to knock it down and rebuild,this has been refused .It doesn't need knocking down just a total refurb.Hundreds of people love this hotel and return year after year and are being totally ripped off by the Directors of Kemmna Ltd ,they should be ashamed with themselves for not keeping up a good standard.It has a 4 Star rating it is really a 1 Star now. They don't desrve the staff they have and they certainly don't deserve the custom they get.

Cheers.

Mike

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

A review of hotel posted on this site would be a better place to place your comments

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190312-d2360…

That is the main help of TA to anyone booking a hotel IMHO

Take care and hope you will come back to Malta

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

I have read the article posted by Magnusson and believe that Gasan has bought shares in a hotel owned by Mizzi Group !

www.mizziorganisation.com/sites.asp?cat=2

Sorry to say this ,but ,but , maybe you will be wasting time ???

Plenty of better hotels to choose from !

7. Re: Owners of Comino Hotel and Mellieha Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:16