We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Maryland
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Hello,

I've been reading some reviews that make it sound like there's nothing to do in Valetta after the sun goes down, whereas others say it's not so bad. We're definitely not looking for anything crazy, but various restaurant options, maybe a place to hang out in the evenings. I've found a really nice looking old-style apartment there for only 60 eur a night, but don't want to regret the location. It seems very central to get to other areas as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh right, and we're going 11-14 November.

Thanks!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Valletta does get fairly quiet but there are some restaurants and bars open so there will be plenty of choices of eating places for three days.

There is also the theatre and a multi screen cinema.

I am sure you will be OK for three nights.

Enjoy the city " built by gentlemen for gentlemen "

Graham

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

you would not be that far from St Julians/sliema area if you did decide to visit that area for an evening meal.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Also nearby is the Valletta Waterfront - just google it. It is the Cruise Terminal with lots of bars and restaurants and views of the lit up bastions.

If you decide to spend an evening at St Julians or Sliema, the last bus to Valletta is , I think 11 pm. There might be later buses.

check out www.atp.com.mt or the more friendly www.maltabybus.com

Have a look at the Top 'Questions on the right , particularly the one about Valletta.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Hi All

Great advice from all , here is the link to the Valletta Waterfront for Hat to place in her Malta file :-)

www.vallettawaterfront.com/viset/home.aspx

Great place in the evening,with choice of food and seating .

Welcome to Malta Kak80

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

If you have found a place that you are happy with at a price that you are happy with and you are visiting in November, go for it. Valletta is very central so you will be able to get to other places very easily without wasting time having to get to Valletta first to connect to buses for other places. Lots to do and see in Valletta itself during the day so you will need a whole day there. Enough bars and restaurants for 3 nights. Try Rubino's for a lovely meal and Premier Cafe in the square opposite Cordina for coffee and watching the world go by. They also do good food there. Enjoy your time in Malta

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

dont want to put a spanner in the works but do google info re the demolition (construction works) going on in Valletta near Freedom Square? at present or ask the owner of flat. Recently saw an article with pixs on the works in the Maltese papers (Sunday times). I dont think I would want to be right next to it but rest of Valletta should be ok.

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

Valletta is ideal in Nov. It is not the time to be at a beach resort, so you can spend 3 days in the city visiting the great sites, over 250 monuments and places of interest. You can also get a bus to any corner of the island. Make sure to visit Valletta Living History when you get there, that way you can get a quick introduction to Valletta and Malta before you hit the road. www.maltaattraction.com

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

I am not recommending staying near the construction works near the entrance of Valletta but the time of the works most probably would be during the time a visitor is out and about.

9. Re: valetta nice to stay in for 3 nights or too boring at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:15