We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Propose in Malta in Feb

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Propose in Malta in Feb

Hello,

we will be going in Malta this weekend, and i am looking for the best place to propose, restaurant or other special night attraction.

Are there any special events this weekend 11-13?

Please share some ideas,

Thank you,

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

My vote would go , dinner at Le Mondion restaurant at XaraPalace hotel in Mdina , or 2nd vote dinner somewhere in Valletta and walk to the Upper barrakka with a bottle of champagne and two glasses for the occassion !

Will get you a couple of links in the next post

Welcome to Malta and happy valentine to all

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

xarapalace.com.mt/en/gourmet-dining-at-the-d…

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

Just remembered that the Upper barrakka has been closed for restoration works , so I will suggest The Valletta Waterfront

marieclaire.co.uk/imageBank/v/Valletta-Water…

Personally I go to the Hard rock cafe for my snacks , but there are aothers too

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

Would suggest the Blue Elephant at the Hilton Hotel, fabulous setting and good food and afterwards you can wonder around the marina dreaming of owning an apartment or cabin cruiser moored there.

Hilton Hotel Portomaso, St Julian’s 00 356 21383383

Costs about € 45 per head with wine

www.blueelephant.com/malta/index.html

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

I would recomend Dick's Bar on St Georges road in San Giljan, best home made steak and kidney pie in Malta and cheap beer and whiskey to wash it down with, they will even serve you bread and butter with which to make chip butties and mop up your gravy and tommy sauce with, your fiance to be will be mega impressed with your unique style and obvious class, I proposed to my wife at a hot pot and black peas supper in Stalybridge in Cheshire after about ten pints of best bitter and a few Jamiesons, even though I burped loudly mid-proposal we were married in 1997 and have never looked back, good luck with your proposal.

Edited: 09 February 2011, 14:16
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

Thank you very much for your information. We will be staying at Hilton, and i will choose which a restaurant to go thank you again.

The one at XaraPalace looks nice place.

For Saturday & Sunday night? do you recommend any clubs/pub?

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

hi there

bars or clubs on a weekend in st julians?

depends on your age for clubs and pubs but we are late 30s and love going to quieter pubs close to the hilton such as 1. the crows nest, 5 min walk from hilton dwn towards spinola bay next door to siggewi4s favorite dicks bar. i agree they do do nice pies but you do have to extract a smile out of one of the brothers at times lol. 2. the sun in spleandor which is just outside the entrance to the hilton on the roundabout, just look for the ex pats sat outside. 3. hiccups, a bit further down church street towards the westin hotel,. charlie does excellent burgers. 4, the scotsman.5 beggars inn. 6.streetfellows. 7. nove bar.

these are all close to the hilton and are friendly places.

if you want more action and trendy bars and clubs you only have to walk 10 mins up to paceville passing many of the above bars along the way at some point.

have fun.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

Bring her on a Cruise in the evening propose on board after dinner and if she turns you down ask her can she swim.

9. Re: Propose in Malta in Feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Malta