We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good value hotel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
good value hotel

Hi I have been reading hotel reviews until my eyes cross and am suprised at the huge differances of opinion. I am travelling in october with my daughter who is 11. We only have 3 full days so would like somewhere central with good transport connections. My daughter would also like a pool though not mandatory. Under $100 as we are on a budget. Any thoughts anyone? I was looking at the Preluna Hotel Thx Alison

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good value hotel

Hi anyone out there? Alison

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good value hotel

Hi anyone out there have a look at Booking.Com some good deals for October but depends on what date you are travelling on Park Hotel is quite good and has an indoor and outdoor pool might get 3 days for €150 let me know your dates.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good value hotel

Have a look at the Plaza Regency hotel in Sliema from booking.com, I stayed there recently and was very impressed for the price which is well within your budget, there is a nice pool area on the roof.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good value hotel

Have a look at The Palace in Silema. Not stayed there as yet so can’t recommend as such but heading off in 3 weeks and will post a review on my return. We got a really good deal room only – half the price of everywhere else I looked at the time. It gets good reviews on here and I have spoken to the hotel a couple of times for info and so far so good.

Also the Victoria which is next door which is the one we initially looked at but for the difference in price we opted for The Palace.

Edited: 02 March 2011, 12:34
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good value hotel

Thx everyone, I have looked at all the hotels mentioned previously and as I said the huge differances of opinion was what threw me. Will have to go with one and hope all turns out well. Thx Alison

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good value hotel

Central with good transport connections - I would stick to Sliema or St Julian's. As for hotels I agree with the suggestions - Plaza Hotel, Preluna Hotel, maybe the Fortina though might be a bit more expensive. The Palace is also good if you get a good deal. Plenty more in St Julian's - Le Meridien maybe

7. Re: good value hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:15