We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alfonso Hotel

wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alfonso Hotel

Hi everyone!!

Landing in lovely Malta next Thursda, have booked the Alfonso this time because I wanted a base near St. Julians. Has anyone stayed there recently?? Looking forward to that first can of Cisk!!!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,977 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Hi Lizzy

Don`t have a can of Cisk ------- have a BOTTLE --- it tastes better .

Have a good stay

Graham.

wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Thanks Graham - will do!! I'll have one for you as well!!

London
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Hi Lizzy

Stayed in the Alfie last Nov - it's fine for the cheap price. I've stayed there before that & I'm back there in May. It's family run and you get a little safe in your room free of charge. The room I had in Nov was a back room with no window or balcony, but it had 3 beds (I was on my own) a big bathroom & wicked air con, plus a ceiling fan. Previously I had a front room with a nice balcony but no air con, but a ceiling fan, the front rooms have small bathrooms.

It's not near St Julian's it's right there 150 yds from Spinola bay & most important only just across the road from the Sun in Splendour & other pubs. My brother is staying in the Alfie in a fortnight. The week after I'm in the Ally Pally.

Have fun

Ntd

wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alfonso Hotel

I'm going with my Dad and my brother, and the Sun & Spleandor is my Dad's favourite pub - so he'll be chuffed to hear that!!! If you're going back there, it must be OK - thanks!! Have a good trip!!

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Try the crows nest pub. It's next door to dicks bar on the corner near dolci vita restaurant.

Good beer and good owner.

As much as I like Donald and Charlie at the s and s its the comfy seats that clinch it for me. The seats in the s and s are like the old wooden seats that reminds me of watchin the Stags in the 80s lol.

Ntd, you have a good time again pal and have you ever had a drink in the german owned pub called little things opposite the pizza hut near spinola? You might fit in with the owner there as he always seems to be drunk, putting the world to rights outside his own bar ha ha.

Enjoy Malta again.

London
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alfonso Hotel

hi bobster

I like the Crows Nest, especially the TV outside for watching the footie, at night though I found it a bit dark inside, a bit like the pubs I used to frequent when much younger on a weekend in W-s-M. I also like a beer sat outside the band club.

I do hope Donald has his Marley doors fixed on his toilets in the SinS. I also wonder what he's now charging for a bottle of Skol....it was 1.30, then 1.40, but last time 1.45. Can't wait to get back.

Ntd

London
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Hi Lizzy

Get onto facebook and search on - beer garden Malta - to get the Sun in Splendour page - some great photos (& a couple of mine)

Have a brilliant time with the boys!!!!!

Cheers

Ntd

wales
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alfonso Hotel

Cheers NTD - I will!!

9. Re: Alfonso Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 22:15