We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

Lutterworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

Hy, I'm looking to come over to Malta in late June with my boyfriend for around a week. We want to be in an area with nice beaches but with activities/nightlife close by. I have been reading all the posts and online information but they all say different things and I can't make up my mind where to stay!

We would prefer to not have to have a hire car and enjoy sightseeing and experiencing the culture so If anybody knows of a good area to stay or has any advice we would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

St Julians would proberbly be the best choice of an area to stay for your holiday in Malta.

There is a good choice of hotels from superb 5 ** to budget good value ones.

Many excellent restaurants , bars and cafes are to be found and even Mc D .

A regular bus service will take you to Valletta via Sliema. All parts of the island can be easily reached.

Have a good holiday.

Graham.

Lutterworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

Hy Graham thank you for your advice and your super quick reply! I did look at St Julians but I had heard it was quite busy with nightlife and very popular with the british drunks!! If this isn't the case then it seems like the best place to stay like you say we can reach everything easily.

Thank you for your help!!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,718 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

The busy night clubbing and disco area of St Julians is called Paceville and is only a small part of the town.

The area with most of the better hotels is away from that area ----- proberbly a 10 minute walk away.

A lovely promenade runs right round to Sliema and makes a nice leisurly 40 minute stroll.

Graham

Lutterworth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

Thanks Graham I think we've decided to take your advice and stay in St Julians as I wanted to visit Sliema too and that walk sounds lovely.

Many thanks for your help!!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

Graham is spot on - apart from a few smaller hotels in this area which are very near Paceville, the rest are further away but still in walking distance, and the area is good for getting about without a car - buses (we hope!) to all places. You are still in striking distance for night clubs as well.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

There is Spinola Bay area with many restaurants and bars from where the Promenade starts which is actually family friendly (tourists and locals) . Paceville is an area of a few streets that can easily be by-passed . Another area is in St Georges Bay.

To be honest I don't think the British drunks are ever a problem in St Julians. The biggest problem is the young students who come to "learn" English. They are young, usually the first time abroad without parents, and often the freedom goes to their heads.

Many Brits choose Bugibba. It's usually cheaper and there is more of a holiday atmosphere - Graham are British drunks a problem there.

Pikaboo I suggest you have a look at the "Where to stay" Top Questions. There is an excellent description of St Julians

7. Re: Best place to stay for a couples holiday in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Malta