We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in December

Misgav
Level Contributor
158 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in December

My wife and I are planning a week-long vacation to Malta in December. I was thinking of renting an apartment in the Sliema area - we find that apartments are more suited to our style of holiday. I am wondering what we could do - local attractions, places to visit, things to do etc.

Looking for ideas!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in December

December is lovely, can still be quite warm but not too hot so you can do lots of sightseeing. Check ouit the FAQ in the top right hand corner of the forum to get some ideas then come back with more specific questions.

What do you like to do on holiday, are you interested in WWII history, history in general, churches - magnificant some of them, just wandering the streets, museums etc etc

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in December

I have stayed in the Park Hotel in Sliema some of their rooms are apartements supermarket up the road and buses nearly outside your door.It lovely wandering around in the sunshine especially if its freezing at home.

3. Re: What to do in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2011, 21:35
malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in December

Basically in December you can do anything apart from actually swimming !

If you'll be here approaching Christmas have a look at Crib exhibitions. They are called 'Presepji'

In December it's NORMALLY warm enough to enjoy the open air cafes and benches, at least during the day. But do get some thicker clothes to be on the safe side.

The Sliema area is a good choice because the various bars and restaurants are also well patronised by the locals.

5. Re: What to do in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 06:17