We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

I'll be arriving at Malta Airport next week at 11.30pm. Will be 12 by the time I check out. My hostel is in Bugibba. Will I get a night bus to take me to my hostel? The hostel wont be able to pick me up. Do I have to take a taxi then? How much will it cost approximately to take a taxi from airport to bugibba?

hope to get some help. thanks :)

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

Hi 9planet9

Have a look at the top questions about Malta on the right hand side of this page. FAQ: How can I get from Malta Airport to my hotel.

Edited: 29 July 2011, 11:46
Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

9planet9

You confuse me, on this post you say that you arrive next week, i.e. by Sunday the 7th, yet on another posting you arrive after us (we arrive on the 12th) on the 16th:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190311-i348-k46…

Anyway to answer your questions, the time you arrive the only option is to take a taxi from the airport. In the airport there is a booth where you prepay for the taxi, this avoids being ripped off. The fare should be about €25.

Have a great holiday and I am sure that you will meet plenty of young people in Bugibba as you are travelling on your own.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,684 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

There are no Night buses from the airport . There are " Express" buses which operate ? late till midnight .

IF ? all things were like clockwork and everything was perfect on time , you could catch the 0005 bus number X3 from the airport and get to Bugibba by 01:30 .

http://www.arriva.com.mt/airport-express

From experience , your flight may come in late , your luggage may take time to show up on the conveyer belt , you have to be screened by security as a suspected terrorist and the bus leaves 10 minutes early because the driver wants to go home !

You can share a taxi with 3 others going to Bugibba for the same price ,about £25 , or take a minibus transfer at £8 in a van that drops off people at other hotels . The site should be named Maltatransfer ...find the link !

Welcome to Malta

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

If I were you I would opt for a taxi or share a taxi with others going to Bugibba, the journey should be about 25 minutes, whereas the express bus seems to be covering half of the island and is taking 1½ hours, after a late flight do you really want an extra hour's unnecessary journey?

5. Re: Malta Airport at 11.30pm...need to go to Bugibba!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 22:16