We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for walking holiday?

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for walking holiday?

My parents are going on a 2 week walking holiday in Malta and Gomo starting on 8th October. Having never been to Malta before, they are unsure what sort of weather to expect and what clothes to pack. What sort of temperatures can they expect? Is there likely to be much rain?

Thank you very much in advance.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
596 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for walking holiday?

The weather in October, will be fine, at this moment 26 C in the shade, October is the start of the rainy season, so could be some showers, with winds now and then, not set in all day like home, so lightweight windcheaters, walking boots, sun hats. Top of the list, for safety, a mobile phone that is open, buying a sim card here, GPS another good idea. MAPS I recommend you buy the RMF Malta and Gozo tourist map 3Euros 50 cents the best by far, thermal water bottles, for cold drinks, well what else can I say, but have a wonderful time in Malta KNOWKATS.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for walking holiday?

Thank you for the quick and very helpful reply.

Will it still be shorts and t-shirts weather by then or might they need jumpers in the daytime?

Thanks again.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
596 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for walking holiday?

Shorts or lightweight trousers, t-shirts fine, it is very hot here at the moment, sitting outside now with just a silk shirt on, as I said windcheaters would be important to bring as you never know, may not even need them, just to tie round your waist with the sleeves, perfect, a lightweight pull over may be an idea as well, no thick jumpers. happy holidays KNOWKATS.

4. Re: What to pack for walking holiday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:16