We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Preston
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Hello!

1st post but I need some help please!

Girlfriend & I are travelling to Silema for a few nights stay at the Fortina in late October.

Whilst there I'd like to ask for her hand, so want to ask you for any suggestions for a romantic venue, setting or way of proposing.

Can you come up with anything that is going to wow her and make me irresistible?

Thanks for all suggestions.

C

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

How about in the Upper Barrakka Gazrdens with it`s wonderfull views across Grand Harbour towards the Three Cities .

It is one of the worlds best views and is a very romantic spot.

Hope she accepts !

Graham

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Or maybe a Harbour cruise. Boats go from Sliema Ferries - just down the road from the Fortina - around Grand Harbour.

Or Mdina, the medieval capital of Malta, and frequently called the Silent City. On a clear day the panoramic views from the bastion walls are fantastic. Whilst there you could also enjoy fantastic cake at Fontanella's - sit upstairs to enjoy the views but by late October it could be windy up there!

I suppose it all depends on your/her likes/dislikes but whatever you decide I hope you enjoy Malta and that she accepts.

Preston
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Thanks guys!

Looking over the forums before I posted I came across these some of these suggestions.

Mdina sounds nice, though I'm not entirely sold on the Fontanella.

The Barraca Gardens do look good, and that is probably closer to what I had in mind rather than a harbour cruise.

Could it be possible to arrange something like a nice candlelit dinner in the Gardens or is that too fanciful?

wigan
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

How about on one of the horse drawn tour taxis going around Valletta.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Not sure about a harbour cruise !

If the sea is a bit rough it won`t be very romantic proposing to someone who is leaning over the side of the boat bringing up her last meals .

Stick to solid ground .

Graham

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Enjoy a morning at the Fortina spa with some relaxing treatments , take a harbour tour in the afternoon and then go to Mdina in the evening with a meal at the De Mondion on the roof , weather permitting , with a view of Malta by night that few can be proud to have seen !

A bit pricey , but you get what you pay for !

xarapalace.com.mt/en/gourmet-dining-at-the-d…

Good luck .....it worked for me 21 years ago !!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 30 September 2011, 22:50
Preston
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

Thanks 643, i was getting towards the same kinda idea, and if its proven what could possibly go wrong!!!

I was looking at Ciapetti though. Is De Mondion any better an experience? I'll take a look and see. Thanks for the link.

C

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

How about on one of the old Malta buses last wedding proposal on the bus might make the new company think about bringing some of them back.

9. Re: Suggestons on a romantic way to get engaged please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 20:18